
Article content
Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!
Advertisement 2
Article content
Article content
Recommended Videos
Article content
Duncan MacKenzie, 23, the man cops allege went on a violent rampage in downtown Toronto over the weekend, is once more out on bail.
According to cops, MacKenzie, of no fixed address, was the fiend who unleashed a trio of unprovoked stabbings. Oddly, he had previously been let out on bail.
MacKenzie was arrested on Sunday and charged with 17 offences. That cornucopia included three counts of failing to comply with a release order.
On Monday, MacKenzie was once more released on bail.
The Toronto Police Association is furious that an allegedly violent criminal has been unleashed on the public.

“Our members are disappointed but not surprised to learn that a man arrested for three separate, random incidents of violence in downtown Toronto was already on bail for other serious charges,” the TPA said in a statement on Monday.
“When will this revolving door end for this person, and at what point will the safety of our communities and members come first?”
Article content
Advertisement 3
Article content
A TPA spokesperson told CTV News that MacKenzie was arrested for a sexual assault in midtown Toronto last August. He was also facing charges for carrying a concealed weapon, among other charges.
In addition, TPA said the accused has “faced mischief charges” in the Georgian Bay area.
“We know there are pressing issues facing voters in this federal election. But we cannot ignore the changes desperately needed to our justice system, and we hope, at some point, we will hear all parties share their plans for public safety,” the TPA added.
“The victims of these random attacks, and others, deserve to know how their federal government will prevent this from happening again.”
MacKenzie has been charged with attempted murder and other offences after three alleged unprovoked stabbings were reported last week to police.
Cops say they responded to the first incident on March 23 just before midnight in the Simcoe St.- Bremner Blvd. area, where the victim was sleeping and allegedly stabbed before his attacker fled on foot.
Advertisement 4
Article content
Then on Friday, police said, officers responded to an assault at about 9 p.m. in the Dan Leckie Way-Queen Quay W. area, where the victim was walking alone, approached from behind and allegedly stabbed.
Police said they also responded to an assault with a weapon call Saturday at about 10:50 p.m. in the King St. W. – York St. area after the victim, who was standing outside a building, was approached from behind and allegedly stabbed.
All three victims did not know their attacker and police said the attacks were unprovoked. Each victim suffered non-life-threatening injuries, with two of them described as serious.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), or at www.222tips.com.
bhunter@postmedia.com
@HunterTOSun
Article content
Discussion about this post