Former US President Donald Trump attends UFC 302 at Prudential Center on June 01, 2024 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Luke Hales/Getty Images)
Former US president Donald Trump has joined TikTok, embracing a China-based app he once tried to ban in the US, Politico reported.
Trump announced the launch of the account in a video with Ultimate Fighting Championship CEO Dana White, the report said.
Bloomberg News has not been able to independently verify the post. A campaign spokeswoman did not immediately return requests for comment outside business hours.
Trump’s TikTok would add another platform to his social media arsenal, part of an effort to reach younger voters. His campaign said he raised $52.8 million (about R987 million) after a Manhattan jury found him guilty on 34 counts of falsifying business records last week.
We live in a world where facts and fiction get blurred
Who we choose to trust can have a profound impact on our lives. Join thousands of devoted South Africans who look to News24 to bring them news they can trust every day. As we celebrate 25 years, become a News24 subscriber as we strive to keep you informed, inspired and empowered.

















Discussion about this post